Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prayer

At various times throughout these past couple of days I have felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to pray for Hero. Not having heard from Hero in a few days, I had no idea what to pray for; I just prayed whatever Scripture came to mind, as well as that whatever situation he was in he would be filled with God's love and the strength necessary to get through.

I received an e-mail from Hero this morning. One of the teams that he and the Chaplain minister to over in Iraq had tragedy strike- they lost one of their team members. Hero and the Chaplain were rushed off to do the necessary services and to grieve with their fellow soldiers. I know that both the Chaplain and Hero love each member of each team that they work with. I believe this is the first time in this deployment that they've had to do a memorial service for one of their own, and it's breaking their hearts. 

If you think about it, could you please pray for Hero, the Chaplain, the team of soldiers still in Iraq without their fallen comrade, and the family. May God's love  be shown in a mighty way through this tragedy.


2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma November 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Oh, my heart just goes out to those families. Being a chaplain has got to be so emotionally tough. Your hubby is in my prayers. Glad he's safe. I always hated it when I didn't hear from hubby for an abnormal amount of time. Hang in there! According to the count down, he's on the home stretch.

Unknown November 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

I am new here. I am so sad to read this. I am saying a prayer for Hero.