Sunday, April 11, 2010

Catching up


I sort of fell off the face of the blogging world last month. I have no good excuses; I've just been enjoying all the kids and trying to keep up with the housework and homeschooling.

Prince Naveen is growing so fast! He rolled over just the other day; I don't think he meant to and he was surprised at the change in his perspective, giving me a most bewildered look. I rolled him back over to his tummy and he promptly did it again- confusing himself once again. He has been careful since then NOT to roll over, silly little guy.

The older children are all doing really well and we are making a lot of progress with our schooling recently. The most significant improvement has been in their spelling/ reading. Prince Valiant has always been an avid reader (devouring books faster that I can get them to him), but not a great speller. However our spelling curriculum is really starting to kick in and he is now spelling almost as well as he's reading! Prince Charming and Princess Frances are also doing well with spelling and have finally gotten over whatever hurdles they were facing to start reading. They now love reading- everything... every scrap of paper that comes into the house, every sign and billboard that we pass, etc.

I will soon have to post about the class that Hero taught on Iraq last month as part of our homeschool group's "Tour of the World". I learned a lot during the week before that class, as he had me making "authentic" Iraqi dishes to share with the other families.  It was a lot of fun!

Well, I have to go, the baby is awake again and I get to go snuggle him for a while.


2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma April 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Your baby is so cute! Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife April 13, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

It looks like you are doing good. The kids enjoyed seeing each other at Spookys! Josh couldn't believe how much they had grown.