Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gettin' Crafty for Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, getting to spend time with your moms, kids, and families.

I have been a little "off" lately. It was last Monday before my brain realized that Mother's Day was approaching- fast. Last week was crazy busy: our church had a week long revival, the baby was sick, and there was a last-minute trip to Kooky's  (my mom's) house. So, Friday morning dawned before I had a chance to think about Mother's Day gifts.

Hero and I have had sort of a competition this year in coming up with inexpensive, yet meaningful gifts. This holiday counts, and since I'm a little competitive... I had to come up with something that I didn't just go out and buy. So this is what I came up with- tote bags. Not very grand, but they turned out cute, and I was able to make them both in one day. Both Hero's mom, Grammy, and Kooky were thrilled with their bags.

I was thrilled to be able to start and finish a project in a day. It's been far too long since I've been able to find the time to sew and be creative. So, I felt pampered by the time I got up on Sunday.

This Mother's Day was made even more special by the fact that Prince Charming and Princess Frances were baptized during our morning service.  I would show pictures, but I forgot my camera, and am waiting for Kooky to email me the pictures she took... hint, hint. :) It was a great weekend!

I should start thinking about Hero's Father's Day, NOW, or it might "sneak up" on me too.

0 comments: