Saturday, February 27, 2010

God Always Has Our Best in Mind

'Aint he a cutie!!

Prince Naveen has had a very stuffy nose lately. As you can see it doesn't keep him from being a happy baby most of the time. He really only gets fussy if he has to wait for food, or when I try to help his stuffy nose out with infant nose drops. He got very frustrated with me yesterday as I tried to hold him still, put the drops into his little nose, and then use the “bulb- thingy” to suck out some of the gunk. However a few moments later we were all done, and he was able to drift off to sleep, being able to suck on his pacifier and breath at the same time.

Clearing the gunk out of his nose was frustrating for him, but I knew what was best for him-even if he didn't trust me; he slept so peacefully after our little struggle. Watching him sleep and reflecting on the ordeal we'd just had made me stop and think about my heavenly Father. How many times have I struggled and gotten frustrated when God was only trying to clear the gunk out of my life?

That thought made me take a step back and realize that there have been so many times in my life when I have gotten angry and frustrated with God for making me do something or go through something I did not want to go through. Jeremiah 29:11 (For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.) and Romans 8:24 (And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.) come to mind right away as I think about this.

God always has my best interest in mind. He longs to see me resting peacefully in Him. All I need to do is trust that the trials that He allows me to go through are for my own good- to clear all the gunk out of my life.


2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife March 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

He is so cute! That is a great analogy.