Saturday, March 06, 2010

Encouragement


My heart has been heavy lately with the desire to intentionally disciple my children in their relationship with the Lord. I have been praying for wisdom and to be able to see more opportunities to bring them back to the Word and apply God's Truth to different situations in everyday life. I often feel as if I'm just not doing “enough”.

I have been dealing these past couple of months especially with Princess Frances (a lot) in the areas of honesty and submission/respect for authority. In the past week or so I have noticed her really trying to submit and be honest; it's been refreshing! I have also noticed her trying her hand at relating things back to the Bible or comparing certain situations to our walk with the Lord. It's very cute and she's often, well, a little off in her analogies.

As I was quietly laughing to myself about another mixed up analogy the other day, I realized that she has probably picked this up from me. I guess I'm doing more of the intentional discipling than I had thought I was. It is still on my heart to do more, but I'm so thankful to see evidence of the fruit I keep hoping to see in my children's lives.

I felt like it was a “Good job” from God. So often I dwell on how inadequate I feel in this parenting role; I feel God's leading me to learn more, disciple more, trust more, lead more, submit more, etc. It was awesome to feel like, though I have so much more to learn, I am moving in the right direction. Praise the Lord, that He loves me enough to encourage me as well as guide me in His will!

How about you; have you felt encouragement from your Heavenly Father recently? Have you been looking for it, or listening for it? Or like me do you get so caught up in what you must do better at that you miss His special message of love and encouragement meant just for YOU?



1 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma April 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

God uses my blogging friends to encourage me on a daily basis. It is one of the reasons why I love blogging so well.